Monday 22 March 2010

Natural birth vs Caesarean

'Four in 10 HK babies born under the knifeAlarm expressed at rise in Caesarean sections'
by Ng Yuk-hangUpdated on Mar 22, 2010

After one of our HK babies was born in a Honda Jazz last weekend with the assistant of a midwife. The SCMP had a follow up headline the next day. I wasn't very surpirsed when I read the figures as I was also persuaded to have a voluntary c-section. Now I understand it is almost like an ethical issue when we talk about natural birth and c-section without a medical reason. Are women more vulnerable now in HK? Our figures for c-section almost topped the list :p

'The average Caesarean rate across Asia is 27.3 per cent - 19.8 per cent in Japan, 35.6 per cent in Vietnam and 46.2 per cent on the mainland. The percentages for Latin America and the United States are 35 and 31 per cent respectively. ' (SCMP, 22 march 2010)

Well, I have no intention to have a planned c-section. I love following the flow and believe that the baby should come when it's ready. I believe that God has a way.

No comment on why we people would prefer c-section these days. Just understand that people in other countries are researching into ways of facilitating natural births and I know this is the healthy trend.

So work hard Tiger babe.. mommy supports you, come when you are ready :) I will here standing by for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment